Each year Edible Brooklyn, Edible Manhattan and Edible East End celebrate our fantastic foodshed with a week-long, city-wide fest called Eat Drink Local. This year’s runs July 24 through 30, and includes tastings and parties, special meals at our partnering restaurants, and best yet, the Seven Ingredients of the Week. Those are seven stellar spring foods–in this case strawberries; peas; chives and green garlic; rhubarb; lamb, oysters and yogurt–produced or farmed or fished locally. Each has delicious stories to tell, and to jump start Eat Drink Local Week Edible Manhattan is hosting a festival and tasting (oyster stew! green garlic and chive quesadillas! spicy lamb salad with pea greens!) in their honor this Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m. at the OpenHouse Gallery in SoHo at 201 Mulberry Street.
A $25 ticket (available here) includes tastes from the restaurants below as well as wine from Wolffer Estate in Long Island and beer from Kelso of Brooklyn.
– Bubby’s: Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
– Hundred Acres: Naked Cowboy Oyster Stew
– Cariño: Green Garlic and Chives Quesadillas with Yogurt Salsa
– Macao Trading Company: Braised Pork Belly Skewers with Pickled Rhubarb and Strawberries
– Bobo: Spicy Lamb Salad with Pea Greens, Rhubarb and Yogurt
– Palo Santo: Eat Drink Local Tacos
– PRINT: Rhubarb and Roasted Strawberries with Mascarpone Cheese