It’s no secret that Brooklyn is passionate about its local food artisans, chefs, farmers, non-profits and shops. Heck, they’re the basis of our publication’s existence. To celebrate Brooklyn’s best and brightest, we chose our nominees a few weeks back and put the selections to your vote.
Thanks to everyone who participated and — most importantly — thanks to the individuals and organizations who continue to keep our borough one of the most innovative and enticing places to eat and drink.
Based on your votes, our 2015 Local Heroes are:
- Chef/restaurant: Roberta’s
- Farm/farmers: The Youth Farm at the High School for Public Service
- Food shop/market: Good Eggs
- Food/beverage artisan: Up Mountain Switchel
- Non-profit: Edible Schoolyard NYC